ACCESS Community Capital Fund helps individuals without collateral or credit history obtain an affordable loan to improve their standard of living through entrepreneurship.
Based in Toronto, Ontario, ACCESS is a Canadian registered charity granting micro-loans where the abilities, skills, and commitment of the applicant in conjunction with the strength of the business plan are key decision criteria.
To apply for a micro-loan, you:
- Must be 18 years of age or older;
- Must have permanent legal status in Canada (Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant status) and be a resident of Ontario;
- Must own no less than 51% of the company in the case of a corporation; in the case of a partnership, all partners must be willing to co-sign for the loan;
- Must be able to submit a complete business plan including start-up or expansion costs and a cash flow forecast.
To apply for a micro-loan, your business:
- Must be located in the Greater Toronto Area;
- Must be manufacturing, retailing, producing or providing a product or service;
- Must be, or will be, legally registered as a sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation;
- Must use the loan proceeds to commence or expand business operations. Loan proceeds cannot be used to pay off existing debt.